15 Tips for Living a Healthy and Fit Lifestyle
Here are 15 Tips to Jumpstart you to Healthy and Fit Lifestyle:
1. Throw out your big dinner plates. Using small plates at home effortlessly reduces calorie intake and promotes weight loss. Remember your plate should resemble a peace symbol and split into thirds.
2. Make exercise a regular part of your life. Create a network of accountability with workout partners or by working with me, your local fitness expert. This pushes you and also makes you be held accountable.
3. Know what you want to accomplish. Visualize the end result of your hard work. Set specific, measurable goals and track your progress. A great trick is to find a picture of what you want to look like eventually. Keep this picture somewhere you can see it daily.
4. Believe in you, 90% of the battle is won before it is ever fought. The battle in your mind is where the battle is won or lost. I know that you CAN accomplish your goals.
5. Don’t be a wimp. Keep the intensity high during your workouts. Remember that you don’t want to kill time; you want to burn calories and strengthen your body through intense exercise.
6. Drink water all day long, water is the metabolic medium by which all the body’s functions occur.
7. Incorporate High Intensity Interval Training into your routine by doing bursts of high intensity rather than exercising at a single steady pace.
8. Maintain your metabolism by eating a healthy snack or meal every three hours. This food should be unprocessed, low in fat and high in fiber.
9. Forget will-power; it’s about WANT-power. How badly do you want it?
10. Exercise with people that are in better shape than you. This will encourage you to push your limits.
11. Don’t drink calories and avoid anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. It spikes your blood sugar levels and encourages the storage of body fat.
12. Pay attention and or document (log) everything that you eat.
13. Keep consistent. Exercise at least three or four times each week.
14. Do your cardiovascular exercise either after weight training or first thing in the morning upon waking up to encourage more fat utilization for energy. Your stored sugars will be depleted during the weight training then your body will rely on fat stores to get you through the cardio workout.
15. Put an end to your struggle to get and stay fit. Email me today to get started on a proven fitness program that will change your life and body forever.