10 Tips for Nutritional Success
I wanted to give you a quick, easy to implement and easier to sustain 10 tips for Nutritional Success for Body Transformation. The first 3 letters of Diet are “Die”, so in lieu of a diet, we want to make lifestyle and nutritional changes that are easy, and more importantly sustainable for the long haul. It is much like the walk of Faith – it is not a sprint, but moreso a marathon. Its the habits we practice long term that make the difference.
1. Don’t drink fruit juices or juice-based products while “dieting”. Get your nutrition from calories you chew rather than swallow. The simple sugar (fructose) combined with artificial sweeteners can cause havoc to your quest for a body that honors God.
2. Shoot for 25 to 35g of fiber per day. Fiber gives a feeling of satiety and will keep you full longer than simple types of carbohydrates.
3. If you get hungry, eat a few ounces of protein to tide you over until your next meal. Protein is a major building block of muscle and has a low glycemic level. By avoiding the spikes in blood glucose these calories and normally not stored as body fat.
4. Eat at least two servings of fish per week to get healthy fats. Remember what good is it if your body rocks and your skin, nails and hair are out of sorts. The healthy fats in fish enable your body to repair and restore nutrients that enable your hair, skin and nails to look their best.
5. Spice up your food with red pepper, which boosts metabolism. All foods have a thermic effect. The thermic effect (or the energy your body gives off as heat) is very high with spicy type foods.
6. Drizzle sugar-free syrup over cooked carrots for a sweet treat. This will satisfy your sweet tooth yet no do irreparable damage to your nutritional program.
7. Drink green tea liberally – it helps burn fat. Actually, what it does do is it has an excitatory effect (try saying that 3 times fast) on triglycerides and mobilizes them so they are ready to use for energy. The health effects of green tea on the body have been well documented. Green teas thermic effect also aids in fighting the battle of the bulge.
8. Try not to let yourself get bored, stressed out or depressed, if possible. Prayer, meditation, deep reflection, and herbs such as kava and ginseng for stress. Regular exercise, journaling and supplements such as fish, St. Johns wort and 5-HTP can help alleviate depression. Remember stress triggers the body’s hormone cortisol (and cortisol stores fat and makes fat burning nearly impossible.)
9. Outwait your food cravings. They generally last no longer than 10 minutes. Oftentimes the body confuses boredom with hunger. Get up and get moving or have two big glasses of water to satisfy your hunger pangs.
10. Distract yourself with a nonfood related activity, such as exercising, reading, pursuing a favorite hobby, listening to music, writing letters, surfing the internet (like you are now) or soaking in a hot bath.
I hope you enjoyed these 10 tips for nutritional success. These were just 10 easy to implement, sustainable changes you can make in your nutritional program that will yield major benefits in transforming your body. The only true way to transform your life is accepting Jesus Christ as your savior.
Fit for Faith Ministries is here to help you navigate your way down the path of fat loss, weight loss, and body transformation. Fit for Faith Christian Fitness Ministries is Building a Stronger Body of Believers.
For some quick easy and nutritional recipes click here