7 Tips to Blast Away Fat Stores for Life
1. Exercise 1 hour a day: I hate it when I hear; “I don’t have the time,” you make the time! Combine 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of resistance training. Engage in active rest instead of sitting watching TV or surfing the net. Get Up and Get Out!
2. Drink more water: Water is the metabolic medium by which all functions in the body occur….including fat metabolism. Drink more water = Lose more fat.
3. Remember to “Break the Fast”: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It stokes your metabolic furnace for the day. You may think that you will save calories by skipping breakfast, but studies show that those that skip breakfast end up eating more calories throughout the day.
4. keep a Journal: Log in meals and workouts. Seeing it in writing, gives you a sense of accomplishment and it allows you to refer back to workouts, etc. to see if you have reached a plateau.
5. Treat Yourself: One day a week, for one meal, lasting not more than one hour in duration, enjoy your vice foods. it will give you something to look forward to and it will kick start your metabolism from 6+ days of low calorie eating.
6. Include Intervals: Studies show that intervals can keep your metabolism soaring for 1.5 to 24 hours after the session concludes. Intervals increase muscle cell function, fat loss, and oxygen consumption.
7. Use the GI (Glycemic Index): Focus on low glycemic foods that cause a more gradual rise in blood sugar, thus keeping insulin levels constant. Focus on whole grains, fruits and vegetables for your carbohydrate sources.
If you keep these 7 Tips in mind you will blast away fat stores for life.